Some of my most transformative reads, which I'm excited to share with you! Book club is my favourite - if you've read any of these, send me a note - I love chatting about these incredible stories and insights :)
Yoga, Meditation and Mindfulness
- Wherever You Go, There You Are by John Kabat Zinn - a great introduction to mindfulness from the founder of Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction. Straightforward and practical, and includes some great exercises and meditations.
- The Buddha Walks Into a Bar by Lordo Rinzler - a great introduction to Buddhist philosophies and practices for the "real world."
- You Are Here by Thich Nhat Hanh - clear and stirring wisdom from a great teacher to help you discover the magic of life exactly as it is, exactly where you are.
- The Art of Attention by Elena Brower and Erica Jago - a beautiful guide weaving together asana sequences, wisdom, and opportunities for reflection.
Holistic Healing and Energy
- Anatomy of the Spirit - The Seven Stages of Power and Healing by Carolyn Myss - connects the essence of the Hindu, Christian and Kaballah energy systems, and gives you a deeper understanding of the mind/body connection behind physical illnesses.
- Chakras: Wheels of Life by Anodea Judith - a great deep-dive in to the chakras, and how to keep each empowered.
- Frequency by Penney Pierce - a beautiful guide with insights and exercise to better understanding your personal vibration, and how to shift it to keep your energy levels high, and life flowing smoothly :)
Spirituality and Consciousness Exploration
- The Untethered Soul by Michael Singer - this is a must for learning to detach from the 'monkey' mind, and tap in to your the peace, ease and intuition of your soul.
- The Seat of the Soul by Gary Zukav - talks about moving past our five senses, and being more led by our intuition / higher connection. It's a great overview to a lot of spiritual principles like trust, karma, partnerships, etc.
- Be Here Now by Ram Dass - Ram is a beloved teacher, and this is classic is full of rich wisdom and love.
- Power vs Force by David Hawkins - This is is great overview into leading with true power instead of trying to control or force things. Explores universal truth, and introduces different levels of consciousness.
- Women Who Run With the Wolves by Clarissa Pinola Estes - a great one if you want to explore and unleash more of your wild woman side :)
Mind-Blowing, Real-World Stories
- Many Lives, Many Masters by Dr. Brian Weiss - great intro to an Ivy league trained psychiatrist's surprising foray into exploring past lives with a patient. This was one of the first 'spiritual' books I read years ago, and definitely helped transform me from skeptical to much more trusting. There's such great wisdom in it too!
- Dying to be Me by Anita Moorjani - she chronicles her near-death experience, the insights she had from 'the other side', and her miraculous recovery from cancer.
- Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda - Yogananda is a guru who helped bring yoga to the west in the 50s. This made me believe in miracles beyond our mind's understanding - it's incredible what the yogis are capable of! A must for anyone interested in finding and following their highest calling :)
- Living with the Himalayan Masters by Swami Rama - similar to above in detailing some mind-blowing stories and wisdom of the yogis. These two books also were key in leading me to India :)
Soul-Warming Fiction + Poetry (these sweet stories make lovely gifts!)